Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Schedules

I really thought I would post more. I do plan on doing it.
This last week has been busy, but not really. Nikolas turned 3, which was a great party pictures to come soon! I can't believe how much my life has changed in the last 3 years. I wonder how much more our lives will change. Which is why I need to come up with a better system. One that is better for all of us. I'm afraid if I don't get more organized so I can handle the kaos of our life I may end up divorced! Well may not, but I do know  I'm tired of all of  the yelling I do.
I have been researching, yes researching, schedules for toddlers. Because that is why I am at home, to be with them. So I need to work around them, because that is my goal. I first found a place that listed an "ideal" schedule for toddlers. I was shocked to read that they should be sleeping 12 hours a night! Really! They also suggested snack times and lunch times etc... I also need to get my house cleaned up, I can not stand the clutter and filth YUCK! I researched some more and come up with some ideas on how to get it cleaned by incorporating it into my schedule, well rather my kids schedule! Next I obviously need to get some work done, I know a lot, I realize I am not superwoman, but I really want to balance it all. If you see a lack of  me mentioning my husband, it is kind of on purpose. He is in construction and it is the summer so, thankfully, he is working very long days. So I am making our schedule as if I'm a single mom, kind of. So I am going to start tomorrow: this is my tentative schedule: I am sure I will be making changes along the way:
630am: me wake up, I need to have some me time!
700 Kids wake up: we will see how this goes.
7:00-7:30 Breakfast, I think we will have scrambled eggs with toast.
while having breakfast I will make an effort to get the dishes caught up. My dishwasher is horrible! I need to put that I a list of things I need! But need to make sure we get to keep our house. Which will get a post all of its own!
7:30-8 Get ready for the day, you know diapers changed and dressed.
8:00-9:30 Start a load of laundry, I really need to stay on top of the laundry so when researching different ways to keep your house clean they recommend you do four things everyday: Dishes, laundry, tidy rooms and file papers.
I am going to "big" clean the Master bedroom the babies room and the main bathroom.
9:30-10:00 snack time, maybe watermelon... not sure, I will be working on incorporating a menu, which will help me when I go grocery shopping.
10:-1130 finish "big" chores.
11:30-1230 lunch time, probably sandwiches? plus clean up lunch.
1230 I am going to read the babies a book and hoping they both take naps! for at least an hour! while they are sleeping I will be catching up on all my "work" stuff.
200 wake up?
230 afternoon snack. Possibly quesadillas?
230-330 I will be taking this time to play with the kids. Who knows what we will do, I will let them decide!
330-430 My "work" stuff.
430 start dinner, I'm thinking of hamburgers and home made french fries!
530-630 dinner time and clean up.
6:30 begin bedtime routine, which will include baths, getting in jammies and reading a book.
7:00 bedtime, I'm really worried about this one, my kids go to bed later. So we will see!
after they are in bed I will do a 15 minute cleanup on every room thru the house.
Check emails
and work on "work" stuff.
I will let you know how it goes! What is your schedule? Do you have any pointers?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good Melissa hope it works for u, I to was like a single mom and worked, unfortunately my kids had to work around my schedule, but soon became theirs and it worked out fine, most of the time =o) good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. I try to have "standby" snacks, like fruit cut up, granola bars, dried fruit. That way it's easy to just get, since my older kids seem to be hungry all day. I've decided to just do milk or water at home, no juice.
    We wake up around 7, lunch at 11, nap/quiet time at 1 or 2, dinner at 5:30ish. Allison still takes a nap in the morning, usually around 9. She also goes to bed at 7ish. The other two go to bed at 8 if they didn't take naps, and 9 if they did. I am by no means rigid in my schedule, but consistency is good.

    ReplyDelete